I have waited, waited for the LORD,
and he stooped toward me.
Ps 40: 8a and 9 a
I wonder what Susie and Deliah do all day when I am working? I know when I walk in that door, they are always there to greet me--wagging their tails--waiting for me—my bending over and petting them. It must look quite look like a glockenspeil chiming outside some square high in the Alps. I doubt that they’ve been waiting behind that door all day for me (there’s too much discovered array in my absence). Nor I have been particularly thinking of them. But at that moment of entry, there is truly joy. Deliah and Susie recognize many moments of entry in their lives. Each new box, each new crinkled piece of paper, each new food smell—are all moments of entry. They do not hesitate to celebrate with a joyful sound! There are many moments of entry in my life, too. Susie and Deliah are two of them—everyday they bring such joy to me. They remind me that there are many wonderful things to wait for. There are many moments of God’s entry into my life if I don’t hesitate to enter them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment