Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Whoever is without love does not know God,
for God is love.
God sent his only-begotten Son into the world

so that we might have life through him...
Not that we have loved God, but that he loved us.

1 Jn 4:8-10

Winter is upon us. When it is time to rise,it is dark and cold. There is no sun beckoning to join the day. And I am back to work after a two week holiday. Susie and Deliah, however, haven't gotten back into this schedule. As I fumbled around the kitchen and made coffee this morning, as I filled I their dishes and replenished their water, I did so sans either of them. With or without their company though, I'd make sure that they'd be okay before I left. Susie and Deliah can always rest comfortably in their beds knowing that their needs will be met whether they get up with me or not. It is quite unusual that I sit by myself during my morning meditations but like Susie and Deliah, I can always rest comfortably knowing my needs will be met, too, as I go forth into this day. Awake or at rest, God is always with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment